"We all make mistakes. Life is short. Stuff doesn't matter. It could happen to anyone. It has happened to a few people already. Don't worry about it. "
These are the nice things people have said to me in the past few days, but I am still soooooooooooo bummed!
So my work is wonderful and got us special ed teacher laptops to use for, um, work purposes of course. Well, I do a lot of work at home (no really, I do), so I kept my wonderful laptop at home. Safe and sound. Until.... I dropped it!!! Huge bummer! The LCD screen is cracked. I couldn't hardly sleep- I was so worried about work and the trouble I was in. I sheepishly brought the laptop in to work and told our IT guy about it. He told me I would have to call "The District." Huge bummer. So, I sheepishly called the district IT lady I know who used to be our IT. I told her about it and she assured me that they were covered by warranty and all would be fine. Whew! Until... I get an e-mail today that says the warranty does not cover the cracked screen and it will be $500. She then asks me if she should ask the director of special ed for approval to spend gobs of money to fix my mistake. Um... I asked if there were any other options and she said not really. So here I am, on Randy's laptop, laptop-less myself, known for being the breaker of the laptop.
But at least I know that mistakes happen. It will be fine. It is just stuff. Life is too short to worry about it. It could happen to anyone. Right?
Favorite Part Of The Day
1 day ago

this too shall pass:)
ReplyDelete