Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Good

I might make you think I love the beach and that is why I changed my blog background to this peaceful scene. While this is true, it is not the only reason. I changed it because this peaceful scene of this peaceful beach is how I am feeling right now; peaceful.

I have learned so much in such a short amount of time. God really knows what He is doing. I have learned that God is good, no matter what my circumstances. He is good even though I had a miscarriage. He is good even if we take in a foster baby, love him/her, and have to give them back. He is good when we are hurting and He is good when we are laughing. He is good when my co-worker just lost her husband. He is good when another co-worker's daughter was just critically injured. He is good no matter what.

Many of you already figured this out for yourselves so you might be thinking, "Of course! We already knew that! What took you so long to figure it out?" Well, some of us are slow learners and God has to work with us a little more before we finally get it.

I am at peace because He loves me, I know Him, and He is good.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey- you so perfectly described the peace that all of us believers need to be daily partaking... the peace that comes from walking with the Spirit. What joy we have even in trials knowing that our Heavenly Father loves us and we are His children. :)

    ReplyDelete