Sunday, April 25, 2010

Well Done

Today we heard a message about the holiness of God. We heard what the Bible says about how big God is, how glorious, and how meeting him someday will bring us to our knees and cause us to regret every sin, every stupid thought and every minute we weren't spending with God. We were challenged to imagine meeting our Holy God, this amazing being we can't even begin to fathom, that Revelation 4 describes. So as I imagine being knocked to my feet at the awe and fear I will be feeling in that moment, I can tell you the only thing I want to hear are the two words every believer longs to hear: "Well done." As I reflect on my life I question my lukewarmness and whether or not I will hear those words. It causes me to want to change everything. I am praying to become less and less important to myself, and to become more and more detached to the things of this world. In doing so, I desire for my picture of eternity to become more accurate, for my fear of God to manifest itself in more reverence and obedience of Him, and for my life to be an accurate reflection of Christ and His love. Only by the grace of God will He utter those two words to me... I am so thankful for His Word, His life, His love, His grace, His Holiness, and His promise of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment