Thursday, April 2, 2009

The One Where We Became Home Owners


It's official! The house is ours! We closed escrow today. We officially owe the bank A LOT of money!! It feels great to be done with the whole home-buying process and to be moving on to the home sprucing-up process. We feel so blessed and thankful for the opportunity to live in this great home. Our hope is to use this home for God's glory.

The paint saga continues... So I went to Restoration Hardware to buy some sample cans of paint. I actually got the images below from the Restoration Hardware website and I really liked the colors. Pictures online can be so deceiving. When we went over to the house tonight, we put those colors up on the wall, and WOW, they are so different! One is too light (almost white), one is way too dark, one is too blue and another is too green. I actually mixed the green and blue ones together and liked it a lot. When we go to the store this weekend for paint we will experiment and see what we come up with. Thank you for those of you who told me your opinions. #4 won!

If you need a good realtor, let me know. Ours was awesome! She even went to the house today to leave us our keys and left us a beautiful plant and a very generous Home Depot gift card. She was so fun to work with!
Feel like painting with us? You are invited! Food and drink will be provided!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to have bought our first home together! I love you, Randy

    ReplyDelete