Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thoughts from reading about Katie

If you have never read Katie's blog, I highly encourage you to do so. Unlike anything I have ever seen or read before, I am moved to action when I read her blog. I think the most fascinating thing about reading her poignant stories of taking care of many, many children in Uganda is the fact that she has abondoned everything to follow God. She is forgoing safety, comfort and all she has ever been used to in order to pick up her cross and follow Him. That kind of obedience is unfathomable to me, but should it be? I get caught up in the comforts of life that I very honestly enjoy and could not imagine living without. Are we all supposed to sell everything and move to Uganda to do what she is doing? No. But what I must do is figure out what wholeheartedly following Christ looks like amidst the many comforts of the USA. We are richer than almost everyone in almost every other country in the world- even if we only own 2 pairs of shoes and use food stamps. What would it look like to live here, but not really live like I did? Is anything I do ever enough? Aside from Him I don't think so. See, what's amazing about what Katie is doing is that she is completely living with, living for and walking with Christ. He is all she has. What she does is amazing, yes, but no works she ever accomplishes on earth would mean anything apart from Christ. I can busy myself with "doing stuff" in the name of God's love, but if my heart strays from Him or His purpose, it's really all just about me. That's the last thing it should be about. I am humbled to seek Him and His unique plan for using me; not for my glory but for His alone. Please read and seek.

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. I have to tell you...a few weeks ago I clicked on your link 147 million...and got led to Katie's blog! I sobbed and then sent out a giant email to all my bible study moms...telling them we have to do something! We want to come alongside what she is doing and support her!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEADING US TO HER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS MY hope is when we go to Uganda in April we get to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kisses from Katie! So inspiring! All my blog friends love her too! Amazing...

    ReplyDelete