Saturday, March 21, 2009

Craigslist. Am I doing all I can? Love. Blankets.

Craigslist.

Can I tell you how much I LOVE Craigslist? To date, we have bought our patio furniture, dining room table and chairs, couches, a 1 year old fridge (today's purchase!), and bar stools for the island in our new place. WOW! I love Craigslist because we are able to spend so little money while still getting quality items for our home. Love it!

Am I doing enough?

Last Sunday at church our pastor, Francis Chan, encouraged us to evaluate our lives and ask ourselves a very important question... Are you doing all you can? There are so many needs out there. Am I showing my love for Christ and His love for all by taking care of needs in my neighborhood and my community? There are so many who are broken, alone, abandoned and in need. What am I doing? How will we use our home to fulfill needs? Is there someone who needs to live there? What about foster care? So many little ones need a home. Now we have one. Am I doing all I can? By no means are these things intended to be a "works" sort of faith. By grace we have been saved, through faith. But what is this fruit in our lives? We are praying for God to reveal to us what needs we should help meet. This could be small. This could be huge. We want to do all we can. Would you pray for us?

Love.

Can I just tell you, I love my husband so much. That's it. Love.

Blankets.

So in my blogging adventures the past few months, I have found countless blogs with heartbreaking stories of children struggling with cancer and heart related problems. My heart breaks for these little ones and their families. I am overwhelmed with sadness at times, and feel like there is so little I can do. Praying for them is important, but I also feel the need to DO something tangible. I have found a wonderful organization called Project Linus. This organization collects handmade blankets from people and distributes them to children in the hospital. I have made 2 of those fleece no-sew blankets where you just tie the fleece strips together. I have prepped another 4 for my class to do together. They are really excited! Would you join me in providing comfort for these precious kids in their time of need? Click on the Project Linus link on the right to learn more.

Have a happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment