Friday, October 7, 2011

He is Good

I am having a difficult time navigating this season of my life. My little precious baby boy turns one today. What an amazing year this has been! God is so good to us! Levi has brought us more joy than we ever thought we would experience. He is walking and learning and growing every day. We are excited to spend tomorrow celebrating his birthday with family and friends who love him so much!

But my heart is also heavy with deep sadness for my friend Cristin. Her sweet baby girl Ruby Jean, won't be able to celebrate her first birthday. Cristin is pregnant with Ruby, but her little girl won't make it. She has Trisomy 18 and her heart rate is declining every day. They are preparing (as much as you ever could prepare for something like this) to lose her anyday. How can I celebrate life when my dear friend is preparing for death? When I think of how blessed I feel being Levi's mom, I have to remember that I serve and love the same God who created Ruby Jean. I have to remember that He is not only good to us because we have our son, but he is good to John and Cristin who will be losing a daughter.

Here is a glimpse at what they are processing through... (written by John)
"And because we live in a broken world it makes sense that Ruby's body would be broken. This world is full of sin, brokenness, and sorrow BUT "RUBY JEAN" is perfect! God did not make any mistakes with "RUBY JEAN". So this body may fail her. She may never get the chance to use it to explore this broken world, but the Lord who makes no mistakes will take His RUBY JEAN back to PERFECTION. And that sounds better to me by far!"

HE IS GOOD NO MATTER WHAT

Would you please pray for this family? Please visit their blog and send them the love and encouragement they desperately need right now. Thanks, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment