Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to School


Can you tell I have going back to school on the brain? I can't believe summer is almost over already. I guess teaching summer school and being gone on vacation for 2 weeks has made this summer feel especially short. Starting on Monday, I will be setting up my classroom and then my first official (by that I mean paid) day of school is the 25th. The students will start on the 27th. I am starting to have the back to school dreams where I imagine a variety of interesting/frightening/hilarious things happening in my class. The funny thing is that sometimes I experience the real-life version of these dreams, or something similar at least. For the first time in 3+ years of teaching I will have a class of all new students, except for one I believe. This is the first year where I will not know everything about my students before I even start the year. It is exciting to feel like a "normal" teacher who starts fresh every year. I am looking forward to what this year will bring. I'm sure it will bring the usual ups and downs and some really great stories to tell at the dinner table. Oh the joys of teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment