Wednesday, August 19, 2009

26

Today I am 26. I couldn't be happier. I love being 26 because it means I have been married to Randy for 2 years and a few months, we live in this great house, and we have a wonderful pup. It means I have the life I have now, which I am so grateful to have. God’s grace has been abundant in our lives and in my short 26 years. Last night, in my last few moments as a 25 year old, I was convicted and suddenly felt an urgency to wake up and start living! You might be confused by this since I just raved about how much I love living my current life. Let me clarify. I was convicted to start living exclusively for Him. Him with a capital H. Him and Him alone. When I examine my heart and am honest with myself, I don’t always like what I see. I see a lot of pride, control, anxiety, and other stuff that is keeping me from Him. I want to start living with nothing in the way from me to Him. It’s not about me, it’s all about Him. Who have I been living for? Me. Who have I been giving control over my life? Me. Who’s plans have I been following for my life? Mine. You get the picture. Lately, Sunday morning messages have been going in one ear and out the other. Luckily, I have been given the opportunity to hear wonderful messages and read wonderful books that have stuck with me, nagging me to do what I know in my heart and soul I need to do. Repent, pick up my cross, and follow Him. Him alone. Forget me or any ideas I have for my life. It’s not at all about me. I am merely a vessel who is here on earth to bring Him glory. That’s it! Him. Now this is all easier said than done, so luckily, by the grace of God alone, the Holy Spirit has convicted me to stop, reflect, repent, refocus, recommit, and revolve my life around Him. My faith in Him is renewed and I feel recharged and ready to actively pursue Him and His plans for my life.

1 comment:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING BIRTHDAY REVELATION EVER! I am right there with you...we are but an extra in the GRAND MOVIE OF GOD's STORY! What are we gonna do with our half a second in the background?? (crazy Love) you are blessed to have such gifted pastor:)
    PS Happy birthday I love you! And wish for our lives to collide soon! John and I are talking about moving to uganda wanna come? :)
    There is an orphanage in need of someone to run their finances and everything else...over there. Things get too corrupted when we dont know who to trust and money gets stolen and or misused so the orphanage is struggling like crazy:( Didnt mean to lay all of that out in a comment post but...I ramble:)

    ReplyDelete